HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Michigan Tech women's tennis team won for the fourth straight time on the spring break trip to Hilton Head, S.C., topping Chowan on Tuesday 6-3. The Huskies kicked off the week with a 9-0 win over Salem International Saturday followed by 7-2 victories over both Catawba and Davis & Elkins.
Kwang Suthijindawong powered Michigan Tech (10-8) on Tuesday with another singles victory to tie the all-time school record for most singles wins (66). Suthijindawong defeated Polina Novachuk 7-5, 6-4 to claim a point for the Huskies. In doubles competition, Suthijindawong and Sandra Cvetanovic teamed up to edge the duo of Novachuk and Victori Smolchenkova 8-6 for an additional Tech point. The Huskies went on to sweep each of the three doubles contests.
Addiotnal singles wins on Tuesday for Tech were recorded by Vicky Quinde against Angelique Gouin 6-1, 6-2 and Anabelle Neri over Roxana Daneshjoo 6-3, 6-0. Neri and Paola Quintana along with Quinde and Allenca Rolim had wins in doubles play.
The Huskies will wrap up the spring trip on Thursday when they take on Palm Beach Atlantic University in Hilton Head, S.C.
Michigan Tech 6, Chowan 3
3/7/2017 at Hilton Head
1. Kwang Suthijindawong (MT) def. NOVACHUK,Polina (CU-W) 7-5, 6-4
2. SMOLCHENKOVA,Victori (CU-W) def. Paola Quintana (MT) 6-4, 6-3
3. CARRIER,Cynthia (CU-W) def. Sandra Cvetanovic (MT) 6-1, 6-1
4. Vicky Quinde (MT) def. GOUIN,Angelique (CU-W) 6-1, 6-2
5. MAKHNEVA,Anna (CU-W) def. Natalia Parra Alvarez (MT) 1-6, 6-4, 11-9
6. Anabella Neri (MT) def. DANESHJOO,Roxana (CU-W) 6-3, 6-0