HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Michigan Tech women's tennis team claimed another victory on their spring break trip Monday, defeating Davis & Elkins 7-2. The Huskies opened the spring schedule on Sunday with a 7-2 triumph against Catawba College.
Michigan Tech (8-8) swept all three doubles matches and took four of the possible six points in singles competition. Sandra Cvetanovic, Vicky Quinde, Natalia Parra Alvarez, and Anabella Neri all cruised to victories in the number three through six positions in the lineup. Kwang Suthijindawong and Paola Quintana joined with them to sweep the doubles competition and take the match to even Tech's record at 8-8 on the season.
The Huskies will be back on the court Tuesday against Chowan in Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Laura Fermosel (D&E) d. Kwang Suthijindawong 6-1, 6-7 (5), 10-4
2. Elise Simon (D&E) d. Paola Quintana 6-4, 6-4
3. Sandra Cvetanovic (MTU) d. Ester Bolmenas 6-3, 6-1
4. Vicky Quinde (MTU) d. Amanda Fewster 6-0, 6-0
5. Natalia Parra Alvarez (MTU) d. Kelsie Roby 6-2, 6-1
6. Anabella Neri (MTU) d. Haileigh Carper 6-3, 6-0
1. Suthijindawong/Cvetanovic (MTU) d. Fermosel/Simon 8-2
2. Quinde/Rolim (MTU) d. Fewster/Carper 8-1
3. Qiuntana/Neri (MTU) d. Bolmenas/Roby 8-2