HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Michigan Tech women's tennis team secured a 7-2 victory on Sunday against Catawba College to open the Spring Break trip to Hilton Head Island, S.C. The Huskies improved their overall record to 7-8 while Catawba falls to 9-5.
Michigan Tech swept all but two points in the victory on Sunday morning, including all three doubles contests. Kwang Suthijindawong, who was named to the All-GLIAC First Team in the fall, improved her season record to 11-4 in singles play and 9-4 in doubles competition.
The Huskies will continue their spring break trip competitions on Tuesday when they battle Chowan.
MICHIGAN TECH 7, CATAWBA 2
1. Kwang Suthijindawong (MTU) d. Erisa Onchi 4-6, 7-5, retired
2. Sophie Hirsch (C) d. Paola Quintana 2-6, 6-2, 10-4
3. Sandra Cvetanovic (MTU) d. Olivia Wooldridge 6-1, 6-3
4. Vicky Quinde (MTU) d. Maddy Henderson 6-1, 6-2
5. Marina Geremias (C) d. Natalia Parra Alvarez 7-6, 6-2
6. Allenca Rolim (MTU) d. Emily Corcoran 7-5, 6-2
1. Suthijindawong/Cvetanovic (MTU) d. Onchi/Hirsch 9-8
2. Quinde/Rolim (MTU) d. Corcoran/Kirstin Saltus 8-3
3. Qiuntana/Alvarez (MTU) d. Wooldridge/Laura Isenhour 8-1